Wednesday 26 November 2008

Have you made your Christmas cards yet?

Hands up who has made their Christmas cards yet............Okay well done, hands down...........Now hands up who hasn't made your Christmas cards yet,......Mmmmmm I suspected so, lots more hands up!  

Including mine...........GULP............I know it's hard to believe but I haven't made a single  Christmas card yet........

The problem with teaching card making and paper crafting Classes is that Christmas starts in July and by November I'm Christmas'd out!  

So I'm on a mission to save you and me so we can get our cards finished before the last posting date.

Here are two really quick cards using wheels and punches, at the most they will take you 5 minutes each and that is tying the ribbon!


I have used Whisper White card blanks and for the 3 ornaments punched a 1" a 1 1/4" and a 1 3/8" circles from a scrap piece of card the same size as my card blank.  I then wheeled randomly over the card blank in Lovely Lilac ink and then sponged a little ink inside the circles to give a tonal effect using a dauber.  I used an Elegant Eggplant marker to draw the string and bows and tied a ribbon knot of Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon to finish.


For the single ornament I punched the round tab punch twice to make a circle ( you just turn it around, play and see or if you ask I'll post some pictures.......) that will give you an almost 2" circle then I used the words from the Season of Joy stamp set and again sponged with toning ink ( Tempting Turquoise) this time I finished it off with a Tempting Turquoise bow and String.

So see how many quick Christmas cards you can make and I'll post another idea on Monday.

Happy Stampin'

Amanda

2 comments:

Annamae said...

This is a fab idea.

Kate Lewis said...

what a great idea Amanda! Simple and stylish - and great for mass producing! Kate x