Wednesday 22 October 2008

Happy Birthday Brenda

It's my Mother-in-Law's birthday today and it's a very special birthday, I hope she won't mind me telling you how old she is......(just keep it a secret!)

I set myself a challenge this week to go through all of the wonderful Stampin' Up! 48 colours and find those that I haven't used. Now you may have notice I tend to go for vibrant colours, so the Soft Subtles family of colours is my least used except for Certainly Celery, Lavender Lace and Bashful Blue that is. So I got myself a set of Stampin' Spots in Soft Subtles, 12 mini ink pads for £17.50, fantastic for trying out the colours to find your favourites but for me great for travelling around as they come packaged in a little box.

Then I set to make 2 cards for Brenda, usually the children make their own card, but this week has been a little manic with disco's, pop concerts, sleep overs and after school sports and Karate!

I chose Perfect Plum and Pale Plum for their card, I used the One of a Kind stamp set and the Boho Blossoms punch which matches, a super quick lovely card and a fabby colour combination!



Then for our card I chose Apricot Appeal and Mellow Moss, I have no idea why I haven't used these colours before, I LOVE them!

The main card is Apricot Appeal textured card then a Mellow Moss mat and then I have stamped En Francais background stamp onto Apricot Appeal card stock, now I used both the Mellow Moss and the Apricot Appeal ink pads and smooshed (is that a real word?) them over the stamp to give a tonal effect, I hope it shows on the photograph. Then of course my favourite A Rose is A Rose stamp set stamped onto Whisper White cardstock, the stems and leaves are Mellow Moss, the base colour is Apricot Appeal and the outline is Pumpkin Pie to make it Pop!

The 70 is made using Mellow Moss paper from the Tea & Crumpets set over chipboard numbers which have been embossed 3 times with clear embossing powder.


1 comment:

Kate Lewis said...

Gorgeous cards Amanda! That rose set is just stunning and I adore that colour combo - I've never used it but it's going in my ideas book!!! TFS! Kate xx