Friday 11 July 2008

3 cards 1 design


These are very simple yet fab cards. It's funny how designs come in and out of fashion even in the paper crafting world..........I've been teaching this design for several years ( usually at Christmas) but it has cropped up on lots of blogs just recently.

So for those of you that haven't discovered this yet here are the instructions

1 piece of Whisper white card stock 4" x 11 1/2" ( this way you get 2 out of an A4 sheet)

Score this at 1 3/4", 3 3/4", 5 3/4", 7 3/4" and 9 3/4"

You then score on a diagonal line, have the card stock horizontally in front of you and score from the top left score line to the bottom of the middle score line. Then from the top of the middle score line to the bottom of the far left score line. You will end up with a cross that meets in the middle of the second score line in. Repeat on the other side.

It may sound complicated but it really isn't, if you need pictures leave me a post and I'll photograph some for you over the weekend.

Now stamp randomly over the card stock, fold and crease along all the score lines. You then fold in the sides to make a diamond shape in the centre and the triangle sections tuck underneath, the 2 end straight sections fold forwards to hold the card upright.

Now decorate the front as desired.

For the Taken with Teal card I have used Seeing spots stamp set and Circle of Friendship.

The Green Galore Card is using the Unfrogettable stamp set, the frogs eyes are half pearls from the pretties kit with a black spot for a permanent marker pen.

The Summer Sun card is using Bold Butterfly Stamp set and the fantastic heat and stick powder, if you are going to The Newbury Show at the end of the month come visit me at the Stampin' Up! stand with some other fantastic demonstrators and I'll demonstrate it for you!


9 comments:

Jane said...

Those are lovely Amanda, I had seen these on blogs and was going to try them, so thank you.

Carola said...

How lovely !!
Amanda, I have a nomination for you on my blog !
Cheers
Carola

Unknown said...

Hi Amanda
i have left you an award on my blog
cheers
Michelle

Kara said...

Very nice Amanda! I'll have to give it a go. Do you write a greeting on the back? What do you usually do? I'm so in awe of all you professional card makers!

Amanda said...

Hi Kara

Thank you for your lovely comments. On this card I write on the flat flap at the back, or sometimes I don't stick down one of the sides of the plain colour mat layer and hide a tag inside with the greeting on it.

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Lovely site Amanda! I discovered it yesterday!

Joy said...

I love these little cards Amanda must give them a try xx

Craft is a Blessing said...

These are lovely AmandI hope to learn it!a