Tuesday 29 April 2008

A summery card for a rainy day.....


This is a make and take I will be demo'ing on Saturday at a workshop for one of my Downline Lydia, the way Stampin' Up! works is demonstrators sign up under another demonstrator, who we call an Upline.  It's the Uplines job to support their Downline, offer training and support in building a business, so I'm off to run a workshop with Lydia, we are going to have a great evening. 

I'm planning on building a big team of crafters!  So if you'd like to find out more about this opportunity and become part of my team please email me  ajpapercraft@btinternet.com

So this card is using a wonderful set Summer by the Sea, and a level 2 hostess set Garden Silhouettes.  I made a z card using half a sheet of A4 Bashful Blue card stock cut lengthways.  I then folded it in half and the front section in half again.  I then stamped all over using the Cow Parsley stamp again in Bashful BLue and I used a technique where I inked the stamp and then got 3 images from it just by repeat stamping, that gives a lovely shadow effect.  I stamped the gir;l image on Confetti White card sock, it has lovely flecks of colour running through it and is wonderful to watercolour on.  I matted the image onto Pretty in Pink Card and then stuck the left hand side onto the folded back front section.  I stamped the greeting punched it out using the 1 1/4" circle punch, layered onto a 1 3/8" circle of Bashful blue onto a Scallop punch of Pretty in Pink, I finished off with some little white dots with my gel pen.

Don't forget on the post below I'm giving away a lovely stamp set, please post a comment and I'll enter you into the draw to be held on Thursday.

4 comments:

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Yay!! Can't wait ^.^

Annamae said...

I love the card. It is great.

Kazza said...

lovely card ET :O)

Claireabelle said...

Lovely card. I love the image
xx