Saturday 2 February 2008

2 Birthdays

It's been a busy birthday week this week with 2 of my collegues birthdays, Lorna and Emma.

Lorna loves green so I just had to use Old Olive card stock as the base for this card. I first cut the A4 card lengthways giving me a 5 1/2" high card, I folded it in half and then folded the front half back on its self to make a small zigzag. Then a Chocolate Chip mat and pieces of Brocade Background Double Sided Paper finished the layers. The mat with the greeting on is Very Vanilla Cardstock on top of Chocolate Chip cardstock and stamped with the Heartfelt Stamp set (Old Olive and Chocolate chip ink) and a greeting from Sincere Saluations.



Emma loves pink so a base of Rose Red card stock was perfect for her, I used a 10" x 5" piece to make a 5" square card. I lined the inside with a piece of designer series paper in Rose Red and attached a strip of Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon to the outer edge. I stamped the front of the card with Rose red Ink and using one of the flower from Simply Said before tearing the edge to reveal the DSP and the ribbon. The front mat is Regal Rose cardstock torn again in the same way and stamped with the word heart again from Simply Said in Chocolate chip. The inner heart was stamped in Rose Red on some Regal Rose cardstock and cut out, I then edged the heart with a little chocolate chip ink to make it pop from the card underneath and stuck it down using Stampin' Dimensionals. A greeting from Sincere Saluations and a little ribbon finished the card.




All images are Copyright Stampin' Up! 1990 - 2008 and cards are created by Amanda Fowler

3 comments:

Alesha Walls said...

Great Cards!
Alesha in London, ON

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Beautiful cards Amanda! xx

Tracey said...

Amanda, I adore the green card it's fab. Love my set of stampin up stamps and must get more.
Traceyw xx